Players can now upgrade their home item storage and visit random dreams.
Nintendo has released version 1.6.0 for Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which adds two new seasonal events – Turkey Day and Toy Day – to celebrate the Winter. Players can also upgrade their home item storage – simply visit Resident Services and put in a request. Players also visit random dreams by speaking to Luna and choosing the “Surprise Me” option.
The update also introduces save data transfer between systems is also available. New items for Nook Miles, limited-time seasonal items, DIY recipes for the seasonal materials and more have also been added. This is in addition to “other adjustments” that help improve the experience.
Of course, there’s more to come. Turkey Day will take place on November 26th and sees players collecting ingredients to cook dishes for Franklin. Toy Day arrives on December 24th with players purchasing toys and helping Jingle to deliver presidents. A small celebration on New Year’s Eve is also in store so stay tuned for more details.
Ver. 1.6.0 (Released November 19, 2020)
The software has been updated if you see “Ver. 1.6.0” in the upper-right corner of the title screen.
- Two seasonal events, Turkey Day and Toy Day, have been added.
- Residents can visit Resident Services to put in a request to increase the capacity of their home storage.
- Luna can now offer random dream destinations by selecting the “Surprise me” option.
- A new feature for transferring save data between different systems has been added.
- This feature only transfers save data for Animal Crossing: New Horizons. When necessary, please use the Nintendo Switch “Transfer Your User Data” feature as well. Learn more about save data transfer here.
- The following content has also been added:
– Additional Nook Miles redemption items.
– Additional limited-time seasonal items from Nook Shopping.
– Additional DIY recipes that use seasonal materials.
– Additional Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp collaboration item.
- Other adjustments and corrections were made to improve the game play experience.