Apex Legends’ seasonal Halloween event, Fight or Fright, is coming back on October 4th with four weeks of limited-time modes. The first week is Shadow Royale, which debuts on Olympus After Dark. Once again, killing Legends sees them respawn as Shadows who can wall run, revive allies, double jump and deal more melee damage.
Though going down in one hit, Shadows can also constantly respawn until the last squad is defeated. Other additions include Revenant haunting a new “realm” and the Fright Night Arena. From October 11th to 18th, Gun Run is playable on Estates After Dark, Skulltown, and Fragment East.
October 18th to 25th sees Control returning on Lava Siphon, Barometer, and Labs After Dark. It’s received some updates like the MRB Timed Event, where players can deploy a temporary spawn point for their team. It’s also possible to ping Zones from the spawn screen.
The final week runs from October 25th to November 1st and features Shadow Royale on Olympus After Dark again. Along with new cosmetics, previous Legendary skins will also be available for the duration of the event. Stay tuned in the meantime, and check out the updates to Control below.
Control Mode Updates
- NEW Timed Event: MRB Timed Event ( Get the MRB and deploy it to create a temporary spawn point for your team).
- Updated Timed Event order to have the Bonus Capture event be the 3rd event to trigger, it now also rewards twice as much score as before ( old: 100 score, new: 200 score).
- Can now Ping Zones from the Spawn Screen.
- For Controller Players; automatically place the cursor on the best spawn point when they get put into the Spawn Screen.
- Players automatically pick up ordnance if they walk near it.
- Players can now emote on the Intro Podium screen.
- The Hammond Labs map now takes place on Olympus After Dark.
- Updates to Weapon Loadouts ( loadout compositions).
- Updates to weapons in Weapon Loadouts to have the same attachments available to them at the same tiers as BR ( except for scopes).
- In the spirit of Olympus After Dark; weapons that support Threat Scopes/Sights have them as an option in the optic selection menu in the Loadout Selection Menu.
- Disabled pings for healing items.
- Updates to spawn logic that should fix some rare spawn issues ( like being taken to the Spawn Screen with no points to select).
- Spawn system tuning to further try to prevent issues where players spawn in sight of enemies or, too close to enemies.