Xbox One and PS5 players should also see improvements to optimization.
CD Projekt RED has released a new hotfix for Cyberpunk 2077 which addresses many of the issues that its last patch brought forth. Hotfix 1.22 fixes glitches that can occur with Johnny’s appearance after purchasing the Nomad car from Lana. It also added a retrofix for an issue that saw Takemura trapped in Japantown Docks during the “Down on the Street” quest.
The performance are worth noting as well. Crashes should be reduced thanks to improvements in memory management while the GPU performance for skinning and cloth rendering is also improved. Xbox One players can look forward to GPU and ESRAM optimization while PS5 players benefit from the memory management improvements.
For more details, check out the full patch notes here. Cyberpunk 2077 is currently available for Xbox One, PS4, Stadia and PC with dedicated Xbox Series X/S and PS5 versions coming later this year. It’s sold over 13.7 million units in 2020 alone with about 30,000 copies being refunded due to bugs and other issues. Total losses incurred from refunds amounted to about $51.2 million. For its part, CD Projekt said that the game’s launch has been a “huge lesson” that it will “never forget.”
Quests & Open World
- The Metro: Memorial Park dataterm should now properly count towards the Frequent Flyer achievement.
- Fixed glitches in Johnny’s appearance occurring after buying the Nomad car from Lana.
- Fixed an issue in Gig: Until Death Do Us Part where it was not possible to use the elevator.
- Fixed an issue in Epistrophy where the player could get trapped in the garage if they didn’t follow the drone and ran into the control room instead.
- Added a retrofix for the issue we fixed in 1.21, where Takemura could get stuck in Japantown Docks in Down on the Street – for players who already experienced it before update 1.21 and continued playing until 1.22, Takemura will now teleport to Wakako’s parlor.
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from opening the phone in the apartment at the beginning of New Dawn Fades.
- Fixed an issue where the player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after interacting with a maintenance panel in Riders on the Storm.