Difficulty curve and Malaise changes also added.
Following its release of the Fatal Falls DLC, Evil Empire and Motion Twin have a new update for Dead Cells. It’s currently in the alpha branch on Steam so you’ll need to navigate to the Betas tab under properties to download it. Dubbed “The Whack-a-mole Update”, it adds three new heavy weapons, three Mutations and much more.
The new weapons are the Big Axe, the Big Club and the Tombstone, each scaling off of Survival. The Big Axe is capable of chaining attacks while the Big Club can be charged for even more damage. The Tombstone is for more comedic purposes since killing a foe will literally plant a tombstone on their grave.
The new Mutations are Execution, which executes enemies under 5 percent health (and can scale up to 15 percent); Barbed Tip, which inflicts damage over time to enemies based on arrows stuck in them; and Point Blank which inflicts bonus damage with close range attacks. Other welcome changes include Malaise being removed from Boss Cell 4 difficulty. Malaise also no longer increase enemy movement speed and enemies won’t turn into Elites or spawn for a few seconds after an Elite notices you.
Check out the full patch notes here and stay tuned for more details when it hits live servers.
- New mutation: Point Blank. Close-ranged range attacks inflict X% bonus damages.
New difficulty curve: We’re experimenting with a new way of increasing the difficulty from one BC to the next.
- BC0: Health fountains in every transition.
- BC1: Health fountain every other transition, with one minor flask when the fountain is missing.
- BC2: No more health fountain, one minor flask in every transition.
- BC3: One minor flask after the first boss and before the second.
- BC4: No more health in any transition, enemies teleport to your position.
- BC5: No more health, enemies teleport, malaise added.
Looking to have your opinion on that new formula, so don’t hesitate to give us feedback!
- A new PNJ 5bc exclusive has appeared, the Collector’s intern! He will be able to unlock blueprints while the big guy is away.
- New weapon: The Big Axe ™. They say the last hit can be chained, but no one lived long enough to confirm…
- New weapon: The Big Club ™. Hold to charge and break the club on the head of your unfortunate enemies.
- New weapon: The (regular-sized) Tombstone. Stay on the ground if you manage to kill something with the last hit, but we’re still working on it and it will be updated in the next weeks.
- New mutation: Execution. (Colorless). Instantly kill enemies going under 5% (scales up to 15%) health after you hit them with your weapon.
- New mutation: Barbed Tips. Inflict x damage per seconds to enemies per arrows stuck in them.
- Added an Omnivorous diet which randomize the appearance of your food.