Shadebinders can no longer easily delete raid bosses Winter’s Wrath.
Bungie recently deployed hotfix 18.104.22.168 for Destiny 2: Beyond Light, fixing Witherhoard and patching an exploit with the Warlock’s new Shadebinder Super that allowed for quickly killing raid bosses. The former was disabled after doing obscene amounts of damage-over-time and following this fix, can now be used again. Interestingly, the hotfix also contains some nerfs for the Shadebinder.
Penumbral Blast, the class’s melee ability, has had its projectile speed reduced by 20 percent while its range has dropped from 28 meters to 16 meters. The Super, Winter’s Wrath, now lasts 30 seconds instead of 24 seconds. Cold Snap seeker speed has also been reduced by 23 percent.
For the Crucible, the duration of freeze caused by Cold Snap has been reduced from 4.75 seconds to 1.35 seconds, which also applies to Penumbral Blast. The heavy attack from Winter’s Wrath also won’t affect players who haven’t been frozen. Check out some of the other changes from the hotfix below and stay tuned for more details.
Destiny 2 Hotfix 22.214.171.124
- Fixed an issue where the Coriolis Force Fusion Rifle was getting more ammo than intended from ammo bricks.
- Fixed an issue where the Witherhoard damage debuff wasn’t being removed properly.
- Witherhoard has now been re-enabled.
- Fixed exploits with the Warlock Shadebinder Super.
- Stasis breakout damage reduced (110->90hp).
- Adjusted the curve that reduces breakout damage using Resilience.
- Increased the damage reduction effect Resilience has so that higher tiers of Resilience are more valuable. Caps out at 90 Resilience.
- Penumbral Blast (Stasis Warlock melee) projectile speed reduced by 20%.
- Penumbral Blast (Stasis Warlock melee) range reduced (was 28m now 16m).
- Winter’s Wrath (Stasis Warlock Super) duration reduced (was 30s now 24s).
- Winter’s Wrath light attack (Stasis Warlock Super) cost reduced (was 5% per burst, now 4.5% per burst).
- Cold Snap seeker speed reduced by 23%.
- Cold Snap freeze duration lowered (was 4.75s now 1.35s).
- Ice Flare Bolts freeze duration lowered (was 4.75s now 1.35s).
- Penumbral Blast (Stasis Warlock melee) freeze duration lowered (was 4.75s now 1.35s).
- Winter’s Wrath heavy attack (Stasis Warlock Super) no longer affects players who are not encased.