Destiny 2: Beyond Light Season Pass And Season Of The Hunt Guide
Destiny 2: Beyond Light is finally here and while launch was a little rocky with server issues, the latest content is an exciting expansion for the Bungie sequel. With a new expansion and a new season to dive into, here is what you need to know about the Beyond Light Season Pass and Season of the Hunt.
How much does the Beyond Light Season Pass cost?
If you’re looking to scoop up the perks of the latest Season Pass, you’re going to need to be ready to fork over 1,000 silver, which equates to $10. That being said, make sure you didn’t just buy the base version of the expansion. There is a Season Edition available that includes with latest Season Pass, including the Digital Deluxe and Collector’s editions. For those that have the latter, there are four Season Passes total to enjoy with that purchase.
Season of the Hunt start and end date
Season of the Hunt begins now with the launch of Beyond Light. The end date is set for 91 days post-launch, setting the final day for this season on February 9, 2021. You can learn more about Season of the Hunt with our previous coverage here.
Does this Season Pass have cross-save support?
Yes, if you purchase the Season Pass it will work across all platforms where you own Destiny 2. I am playing primarily on PC, but a lot of friends play on Xbox. If I want to hop on a console to enjoy some new in-game content with them, my Season Pass upgrade will transfer over as well.
Season Pass Hunt rewards
As always, there are unique rewards tied to the Season Pass. Unlike previous seasons, however, there isn’t a rollover at the end of each season, instead the content attached rolls over into the next season for the duration of Year Four.
Guardians can earn special items from the engram unlocks as well, encompassing gear from every season prior to Season of the Hunt.
Players can expect to unlock a few Exotic items exclusive to the current season, as expected, like the Duality Shotgun alongside a special ornament for this weapon. There are also Exotic quests, themed ornaments, and new armor to loot as well.
New finishers, a new Exotic emote, and more can all be unlocked:
- New sparrow
- New Ghost shell
- New finisher
- New Exotic emote
- New shaders
- New emblem
- XP bonus and other modifers
- New transmat effect
- Material bundles
- Ascendant shards
- Past-season Exotic engrams
- Bright Dust
- Blast Battue Grenade Launcher
For the full rewards list per rank:
- Rank 6 – Hunting Grounds Emblem
- Rank 9 – Lawlful Neutral Shader
- Rank 10 – Silencing Shot Finisher
- Rank 18 – Stalker’s Entrance Transmat Effect
- Rank 30 – Royal Chase Scout Rifle
- Rank 35 – Duality Exotic Shotgun
- Rank 40 – Horizon Blush Shader
- Rank 45 – Blast Battue Grenade Launcher
- Rank 50 – Digital Cortrex Ghost Shell
- Rank 55 – Exotic Cipher
- Rank 64 – Universal Arms Ornament
- Rank 65 – Two Exotic Engrams
- Rank 67 – Universal Legs Ornament
- Rank 77 – Universal Class Ornament
- Rank 78 – 1,000 Bright Dust
- Rank 80 – 1,000 Bright Dust + Ascendant Shard
- Rank 85 – Ascendant Shard
- Rank 87 – Universal Chest Ornament
- Rank 90 – 1,400 Bright Dust + Firecrest Exotic Sparrow
- Rank 95 – Little Bird Emote
- Rank 97 – Universal Helment Ornament
- Rank 99 – Victory Post Exotic Emote
- Rank 100 – Duality Antiquity Ornament + 2,000 Bright Dust.
Gain five free levels
Upon logging in for the first time, Season Pass owners will automatically tier up five ranks, simply for being there. From there, simply play the game to continue ranking up to 100, including running the usual events:
- Season activities
- Story missions
- Public Events
- Lost Sectors
Destiny 2: Beyond Light and Season of the Hunt is available now. Be aware that it is launch day, so expect higher queue times than normal.