Performance improvements and fixes for multiplayer and Photo Mode also included.
Codemasters has a new update available for DiRT 5, which launched last week for next-gen consoles. Update 1.04 provides several improvements to the performance, reducing crashes, frame-rate drops and stuttering. It also fixes issues like Xbox players losing controller vibration or progression being lost on PS4 when restarting the game.
PS4 and PS5 players should also take note as V-Sync has been added, reducing any annoying screen-tearing that may have been occurring. The DualSense’s adaptive triggers also see “further refinements.” Other fixes for multiplayer, Photo Mode and much more are also included (with the “Spare Some Change for Gas?” Trophy/Achievement being made less impossible). There are even some improvements to visuals like rain effects on the windshield.
DiRT 5 is currently available for Xbox One, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, PS5 and PC with its Stadia release still to come. You can check out our official review here for more details. Stay tuned for further updates along with DLC details in the coming months.
NOVEMBER 16, 2020 – Xbox, PlayStation
(Released and live on PlayStation platforms; rolling out imminently on Xbox platforms)
- Multiple general performance improvements across the board, reducing instances of crashes, gameplay stuttering and FPS drops, further optimizing general gameplay
- Xbox: Resolved issue causing some players to lose controller vibration/rumble
- PS4: Resolved issues caused by save data created before previous patch, such as progress disappearing upon game restart and crashes when using livery editor
- PS5: Further refinements to the use of DualSense adaptive triggers
- PS4/PS5: V-Sync added
- Fix for crash caused by signing out during a Gymkhana event
- Visual improvements to rain effects on windshield when using interior camera views
- Display fix for rewards screen in post-race menu
- Photo mode: minor fixes and optimizations
- Multiplayer: improvements in kicking players in lobby who do not ready up for an event
- Multiplayer: general improvements to online matchmaking and lobby searches
- The Trophy/Achievement ‘Spare Some Change for Gas?’ will now require players to race for 1,000 miles, instead of 10,000