Codemasters’ first new track for racing sim F1 22 is now available with Portimao Circuit. It’s playable in Time Trial, Grand Prix and Multiplayer modes.
In addition to Portimao, Patch 1.07 brings other improvements to the table. The throttle application response time has seen some refinements while Front Damage should affect handling and lap times much more. Practice Programmes have received some difficulty balancing and Supercar interiors should now have the correct level of detail in the cockpit camera.
Improvements to general stability and minor fixes have also been made. The developer noted an issue with regards to the AI’s speed gains on straights. The throttle application changes should provide some benefits but in the meantime, it’s working on parity between the AI and the player’s car performance.
F1 22 is available for Xbox One, PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC. Check out our official review here for more details.
Patch 1.07 Notes
- Portimao has been added to Time Trial, Grand Prix, and Multiplayer modes
- Refinements to response time of throttle application for players
- Front Wing damage will now have a greater effect on handling and lap times
- Resolved an issue where tyre temperatures can be above blanket temperature when starting the formation lap
- Improved trigger feedback when using an Xbox Series controller on PC
- Improved balancing of difficulty for Practice Programmes
- Resolved graphical issue on the rear suspension of the Red Bull
- Addressed a crash when re-joining a Two Player Career after disconnecting
- Times under 1:27:000 for Abu Dhabi can now be posted on Time Trial leaderboard
- Resolved an issue where Time Trial times could be posted on the wet leaderboard whilst driving in dry conditions
- Addressed an issue where players could get stuck in the super license after adding a trophy
- Corrected level of detail Supercar interiors in cockpit camera
- General Stability Improvements
- Various Minor Fixes
In addition to the fixes above, the development team believes it has identified the issue regarding AI speed gains on the straights. Changes to throttle application in this patch will help, and the team is working to bring parity to AI and player car performance. We will update you as soon as we have more news.