Square Enix has revealed details about Final Fantasy 14 Online: Endwalker‘s content patch 6.2. The details were revealed during a recent Letter from the Producer LIVE broadcast, and includes information about new content like the Island Sanctuary.
Final Fantasy 14 Online: Endwalker will be getting patch 6.2 in late August. The content coming to the game as part of the patch include a continuation of the main storyline and new raid content for end-game players.
Going into detail about Island Sanctuary, producer and director Naoki Yoshida spoke about how players will be able to build their own personal island sanctuary. The Island Sanctuary content is set to be relaxing solo content, revolving around gathering materials, building facilities, and caring for creatures.
Patch 6.2 will also bring a new Unreal difficulty Trial to the game—Sephirot in Containment Bay S1T7. The patch will also kick off PvP Series 2 and Crystal Conflict Series 3, along with a return of the Rival Wings mode for PvP players.
Here are all the things for patch 6.2 revealed during the announcement:
- New Main Scenario Quests: The story will continue
- New Side Quests: Continues the story of Tataru’s Grand Endeavor
- New Dungeon: The Fell Court of Troia
- New Trial: A new boss fight at normal and extreme difficulties
- New 8-Player Raid: Pandæmonium: Abyssos will be the new raid tier for normal and savage difficulties. The savage difficulty will be released one week after the release of patch 6.2
- New Unreal Trial: Sephirot in Containment Bay S1T7 (Unreal)
- PvP Updates: PvP Series 2, Crystal Conflict Series 3, and Rival Wings
- Reworks of Past Main Scenario Quests: The Duty Support system will be expanded to include dungeons from Snow Cloak through The Vault, the Steps of Faith trial will be turned into a solo quest battle, and the Thornmarch trial will be revamped
Yoshida also provided a few details about content coming in the follow-up patch 6.25:
- New Side Quests: Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures continue
- New Weapon Enhancemnet Quests: Players can obtain and enhance Manderville Weapons throughout the patch content in Endwalker, unlocked through the Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures questline
- New Tribal Quests: Omicron for Disciples of Land
- New “Variant Dungeons” Content – New variable-difficulty dungeon content designed for 1-4 players. The difficulty of enemies depends on the party size. Dungeons will feature branching routes.
- Another Path: Criterion Dungeons: High difficulty 4-player content featuring a visually similar area to Variant Dungeons, but with no branching paths. Criterion Dungeons will feature two difficulty options.
The final announcement is that patch 6.18 will launch on July 5, bringing with it the Data Center Travel feature. Using the new feature, players can travel between different data centers—essentially servers—and form parties. At launch, the feature will only work for data centers in the same areas. Traveling between data centers of different regions will not be available.
Patch 6.18 will also be kicking off a new logical data center to the Japanese region. European regions will also see more Worlds for players to play in, allowing for higher player capacity. The Chaos Data Center is getting the Sagittarius and Phantom Worlds, while the Light Data Center is getting the Alpha and Raiden worlds.
Final Fantasy 14 Online is available on PC, PS4, and PS5. It is currently on its fourth expansion, titled Endwalker.