And yes, Monster Hunter Rise tops the charts again.
With no shortage of major games currently in development and scheduled for launch in the coming years, Famitsu’s weekly charts for the most highly anticipated releases (as voted by their readers) are always dominated by some pretty big games. Most of these have largely remained in the same position week on week though, and that hasn’t changed this week either. Monster Hunter Rise, for instance, is still in first place, with a healthy lead over the second placed Tales of Arise.
Meanwhile, upcoming PS5 exclusive Final Fantasy 16 still ranks high, taking the third sport, and Capcom’s survival horror sequel Resident Evil Village follows behind in fourth place. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s upcoming sequel also continues to generate strong interest, coming in at No. 5.
Like most other weeks, the the rest of the top 10 is dominated by Nintendo Switch exclusives, from those that are close to launch like Bravely Default 2 (No. 6) and New Pokemon Snap (No. 10), to those that are relatively further off like Shin Megami Tensei 5 and Run Factory 5 (No. 8 and No. 9 respectively), to those that are far off in the future, like Bayonetta 3 (No. 7).
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between February 4 and February 9.
1. [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise – 922 votes
2. [PS4] Tales of Arise – 691 votes
3. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 666 votes
4. [PS5] Resident Evil Village – 447 votes
5. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 413 votes
6. [NSW] Bravely Default 2 – 400 votes
7. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 395 votes
8. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei 5 – 323 votes
9. [NSW] Rune Factory 5 – 305 votes
10. [NSW] New Pokemon Snap – 254 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]