Though Bandai Namco’s upcoming action RPG Tales of Arise has largely dominated Famitsu’s charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games, recent weeks have seen it shifting around a little bit. A couple of weeks ago, Final Fantasy 16 climbed to the top, before promptly being displaced again. Now, however, Shin Megami Tensei 5 has claimed the No. 1 spot, with Final Fantasy 16 following behind in second place and trailing by just two votes.
Tales of Arise is in third place- more specifically, its PS4 version. The game’s PS5 version is also in the charts, taking the eighth spot. Of course, collectively, the votes for both versions would mean that Tales of Arise would still top the charts.
Meanwhile, the rest of the top 10 continues to be dominated by upcoming Switch exclusives, including the likes of Bayonetta 3, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, Splatoon 3, Metroid Dread, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s unnamed sequel.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between August 5 and August 18.
1. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei 5 – 763 votes
2. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 761 votes
3. [PS4] Tales of Arise – 731 votes
4. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 590 votes
5. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 572 votes
6. [NSW] Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl – 438 votes
7. [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 350 votes
8. [PS5] Tales of Arise – 288 votes
9. [PS4] Super Robot Wars 30 – 286 votes
10. [NSW] Metroid Dread – 279 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]