Famitsu has released its latest weekly charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games, as voted by its readers, and to no one’s surprise, Final Fantasy 16 takes the top spot again, just as it did last week. Interestingly, however, its lead is a narrow one, with The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom trails close behind, while Bayonetta 3, last week’s No. 2, drops down to third place.
While more weeks these charts are dominated largely by upcoming Nintendo Switch titles, for the first time in several months, that’s not the case this week, with six out of the top 10 games being PS5 titles. Other than the aforementioned Final Fantasy 16, Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth takes the No. 6 spot, while three Capcom games follow close behind, with Pragmata, Street Fighter 6, and Resident Evil 4 taking the next three spots.
Star Ocean: The Divine Force comes in at No. 10, while Pokemon Scarlet and Violet (No. 4) and Dragon Quest Treasures (No. 5) also figure in the charts.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between September 21 and September 28.
1. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 716 votes
2. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – 705 votes
3. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 689 votes
4. [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet and Violet – 641 votes
5. [NSW] Dragon Quest Treasures – 466 votes
6. [PS5] Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth – 339 votes
7. [PS5] Pragmata – 233 votes
8. [PS5] Street Fighter 6 – 230 votes
9. [PS5] Resident Evil 4 – 228 votes
10. [PS5] Star Ocean: The Divine Force – 223 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]