Famitsu’s weekly charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games, as voted by their readers, have been seeing Final Fantasy 16 topping proceedings for a number of weeks running, and this week is no different, unsurprisingly. The upcoming RPG, which we’re likely to hear more about very soon, sits in the top spot again, with a healthy lead over the game placed second, Bayonetta 3.
Interestingly, but also unsurprisingly, every game in the top 10 other than Final Fantasy 16 is an upcoming Nintendo Switch release. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is sitting in third place, which makes sense, given the fact that its launch is not that far away, while fellow Switch exclusive Splatoon 3 – which is due out in September – comes in at No. 5. Dragon Quest 10 Offline is sandwiched between the two games.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s sequel is a bit farther out from launch, but still manages to take the sixth spot, while Pokemon Scarlet and Violet come in right behind it at No. 7. Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak at No. 8, LIVE A LIVE at No. 9, and Ushiro at No. 10 round out the charts.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between April 14 and April 20.
1. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 610 votes
3. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 549 votes
3. [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 3 – 484 votes
4. [NSW] Dragon Quest 10 Offline – 482 votes
5. [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 475 votes
6. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 472 votes
7. [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet and Violet – 366 votes
8. [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak – 345 votes
9. [NSW] LIVE A LIVE – 307 votes
10. [NSW] Ushiro – 286 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]