In Monster Hunter Rise’s absence, Square Enix’s upcoming megaton snags the top spot.
Famitsu’s latest weekly charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games (as decided by votes from their readers) are in, and Final Fantasy 16 has topped the charts. Typically, Monster Hunter Rise has had a stranglehold on the top spot in these charts for some time now, but with it now having been released, Final Fantasy 16 moves up to claim the throne. It is followed in second place by fellow upcoming action RPG Tales of Arise.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s sequel has also been a permanent fixture in the top 5 of these charts for many weeks, and takes the third spot here. It has a lead of over 30 votes over the game placed fourth, which is Resident Evil Village. The only new entrant in the top 10, in fact, is Samurai Warriors 5, which comes in at eighth position.
Meanwhile, with the likes of Bayonetta 3, Rune Factory 5, Shin Megami Tensei 5, and New Pokemon Snap also factoring in the top 10, the rest of the table is pretty familiar for anyone who’s been following these of late.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between March 18 and March 24.
1. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 636 votes
2. [PS4] Tales of Arise – 581 votes
3. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 437 votes
4. [PS5] Resident Evil Village – 401 votes
5. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 398 votes
6. [NSW] Rune Factory 5 – 389 votes
7. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei 5 – 323 votes
8. [PS4] Samurai Warriors 5 – 225 votes
9. [NSW] New Pokemon Snap – 207 votes
10. [NSW] Ushiro – 205 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]