Genshin Impact’s latest update, “Midsummer Island Adventure”, is now available on all platforms and adds various new content and features to the game. Key among these is a new story quest for Klee, which takes place in a new limited-time area, and new 5-star character Kaedehara Kazuha. It’s worth noting that Kazuha will be available to earn in a future event wish.
As for the Midsummer Island Adventure, players will sail with Klee on a Waverider and partake in ship combat, destroying enemy towers along the way, along with racing and battling Maguu Kenki. Other new features include new outfits for Barbara and Jean along with a companion move-in for the Serenitea Pot. Companions who move into the housing can gain Companionship EXP and even present gifts if they like certain arrangements.
A new Archon Quest will be coming later that preps players for the “next part” of their journey. In the meantime, there are numerous limited-time World Quests to complete which provide Character EXP Materials, Mora and new recipes. Check out the patch notes here for more details.
“Midsummer Island Adventure” Version 1.6 Update Details: Part 1
New Limited-Time Area
- After being out of sight for quite some time, Klee shows up with a mysterious letter in her hand. According to the letter, there seem to be some uncharted islands that lie well-hidden amidst the sea…
- Area Unlock Criteria: Complete Klee’s Story Quest “Trifolium Chapter: Act I – True Treasure”. Complete the Archon Quest “Prologue: Act III – Song of the Dragon and Freedom”
- The islands will no longer be accessible after the end of Version 1.6. You will also no longer be able to open treasure chests, gather materials, or earn quest rewards on the islands, so grab the opportunity to explore away!
- 5-Star Character “Scarlet Leaves Pursue Wild Waves” Kaedehara Kazuha (Anemo) – A wandering samurai from Inazuma who is currently with Liyue’s Crux Fleet. A gentle and carefree soul whose heart hides a great many burdens from the past.
- Kaedehara Kazuha can use his Elemental Skill, Chihayaburu, to pull opponents and objects in and take to the air before executing his unique Plunging attack, Midare Ranzan, to deal Anemo DMG and generate a wind tunnel that pulls opponents in.
- Chihayaburu has a Tapping Mode and a Holding Mode. The former can be executed in mid-air, while the latter expands the skill’s AoE, increasing DMG.
- Kaedehara Kazuha’s Elemental Burst, Kazuha Slash, leaves behind a field known as Autumn Whirlwind that deals Anemo DMG to opponents at set intervals.
- *”Scarlet Leaves Pursue Wild Waves” Kaedehara Kazuha (Anemo) will be available in a future event wish.