Support for AMD’s FidelityFX Contrast Adaptive Sharpening has also been added.
A new patch is available for Guerrilla Games’ Horizon Zero Dawn on PC, packing a number of graphics improvements and fixes. AMD users should take note as it adds FidelityFX Contrast Adaptive Sharpening. Simply navigate to the settings to find it. The patch also integrates the GOG SDK for the game’s launch on the platform today.
Otherwise, the usual range of crash fixes can be found. These include a crash occurring in NetPresenceManager, multiple crashes that occurred during Shader optimization, and even an audio crash for mono audio devices. Check out the notes below for more details.
Along with continuing to support Horizon Zero Dawn on PC, Guerrilla Games is working on Horizon Forbidden West. Releasing next year for PS4 and PS5, it sees Aloy venturing to the ruins of the frontier running from Utah to the Pacific Ocean to save the world. Stay tuned for more details in the coming months.
Horizon Zero Dawn PC Patch 1.08 Release Notes
- Fixed an audio crash when using mono audio devices
- Fixed a crash that could happen in certain circumstances on 5.1 audio devices
- Fixed a crash in NetPresenceManager
- Fixed multiple crashes that could occur during Shader optimization
- Fixed a crash in PlacementMeshUpdateJob that occurred on machines with more than 16 cores
- Fixed a start-up crash for CPUs that do not support AVX instructions
- Potential fix for dialogue sounding metallicy and blown out for some users
- Epic SDK updated to latest version and now supports platform features like Achievements and Cloud Saves
- GOG SDK integrated for launch on GOG.com
- Improved VRAM budgeting which should help prevent VRAM-related instability and improve general performance and reduce micro-stutters
- Improved Clouds performance on high and ultra settings
- Improved swap-chain buffering to allow for smoother frame-pacing
- Fixed clouds looking pixelated in certain windowed resolutions
- Added FidelityFX Contrast Adaptive Sharpening functionality to Graphics Settings