Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe Sells Over 189,000 Units in Japan in Debut Week
Last week saw a number of major new releases, and several of them have debuted in Famitsu’s weekly charts for physical software sales in Japan. On top of the charts is Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe, selling over 189,000 units on its debut, which is a very impressive number, especially considering the fact that this is an expanded remaster.
Meanwhile, Octopath Traveler 2 also occupies two spots in the charts, with the Nintendo Switch version coming in at No. 2 (over 53,000 units sold) and the PS5 version slotting in at No. 8 (over 14,000 units sold). In total, the RPG sold over 68,000 units in Japan on debut, which falls short of what its predecessor managed when it launched as a Switch exclusive in 2018 (selling over 109,000 units).
Another major new release, Like a Dragon: Ishin!, also occupies two spots in the top 10, with the PS4 and PS5 versions coming in at No. 3 (over 35,000 units) and No. 4 (over 31,000 units) respectively. Its total debut sales of over 67,000 units fall below what the Yakuza franchise has generally enjoyed in Japan in the past, though it’s worth remembering that this is a remake.
Meanwhile, on the hardware front, the PS5 is once again the best-selling console of the week, this being the fifth week in a row that it’s topped proceedings, with over 91,000 units sold. The Nintendo Switch follows behind by some margin, having sold over 61,000 units.
You can check out the full hardware and physical software charts for the week ending February 26 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
- [NSW] Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe – 189,031 (New)
- [NSW] Octopath Traveler 2 – 53,995 (New)
- [PS4] Like a Dragon: Ishin! – 35,897 (New)
- [PS5] Like a Dragon: Ishin! – 31,439 (New)
- [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet – 23,703 (4,883,806)
- [PS5] Hogwarts Legacy – 21,932 (126,086)
- [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 14,858 (3,904,000)
- [PS5] Octopath Traveler 2 – 14,422 (New)
- [NSW] ARK: Survival Evolved – 13,200 (New)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 10,159 (5,173,365)
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales):
- PS5 – 91,729 (88,833)
- Nintendo Switch – 61,384 (48,896)
- Xbox Series X/S – 727 (6,600)
Comments are closed.