Famitsu has released its latest weekly data for software and hardware sales in Japan, and where the former is concerned, a number of new releases dominate the charts. On top of the pile is Mario Party Superstars, which has enjoyed a slid debut of over 163,000 units sold. That’s a notable leap over the debut sales of Super Mario Party, which sold over 142,000 units when is launched in October 2018.
Super Robot Wars 30 enjoyed a strong debut as well, and actually occupies two places in the charts, with the Switch version taking second place and the PS4 version coming in at No. 3. The two versions sold over 70,000 units and over 60,000 units respectively.
Similarly, the recently released remaster of Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water also features twice in the top 10, with the PS4 version selling over 22,000 units and coming in at No. 4, and the Switch version selling over 20,000 units for a sixth place debut.
On the hardware front, the Nintendo Switch continues to be the best-selling console, to no one’s surprise. It sold over 74,000 units through the week, of which nearly 34,000 units were the base model, while nearly 31,000 units were the Switch OLED model.
You can check out the full software and hardware charts for the week ending October 31 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
- [NSW] Mario Party Superstars – 163,256 (New)
- [NSW] Super Robot Wars 30 – 70,849 (New)
- [PS4] Super Robot Wars 30 – 60,386 (New)
- [PS4] Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water – 22,196 (New)
- [NSW] Tokimeki Memorial: Girl’s Side 4th Heart – 21,675 (New)
- [NSW] Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water – 20,586 (New)
- [PS4] Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles – 9,351 (120,196)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate [68 articles]” href=”https://www.gematsu.com/games/super-smash-bros-ultimate”>Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 9,225 (4,478,941)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 8,829 (4,112,648)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 8,715 (2,251,834)
- Nintendo Switch – 74,803
- PS5 – 24,106
- Xbox Series X/S – 2,862
- PS4 – 1,975