NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… Debuts on Top of Weekly UK Retail Charts

89% of the game’s physical launch copies in the UK were sold on PlayStation.

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… director Yoko Taro recently said he doesn’t expect his game to sell very well, that Automata’s sales were something of a fluke, and though it’s still too early to say how right (or not) he will turn out to be, the remake has, at the very least, got off to a solid start in the UK retail charts (via GamesIndustry).

The action RPG has debuted on top of the weekly charts (though admittedly it was a relatively slow week, with a total of 150,000 software units sold throughout the period for all games combined). Replicant’s sales are still lower than Automata’s though, selling 50% less at launch. 89% of all of these sales were on the PS4, with the remaining 11% coming on the Xbox One.

MotoGP 21 was another new release last week, and it didn’t manage to break into the top 10. It charts at No. 19, with 37% of its sales on the PS5, and 31% on the PS4. Meanwhile, Monster Hunter Rise finally falls out of the top 10 after spending five consecutive weeks near the top of the charts. Cyberpunk 2077, which re-entered the top 10 after a long absence last week, is still hanging in at No. 10.

You can check out the full top 10 for the week ending April 24 below.

  1. NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…
  2. FIFA 21
  3. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury
  4. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  6. Minecraft (Switch)
  7. Grand Theft Auto 5
  8. Football Manager 2021
  9. Ring Fit Adventure
  10. Cyberpunk 2077

Comments are closed.