In-game songs should sound more like their OST versions.
Hopoo Games’ Risk of Rain 2 has received a new update, though it’s nothing too major. It adds a new stage, Sundered Grove, but it’s main purpose is fixing bugs like Eclipse 3 modifiers applying to foes. The final boss should also be less annoying with its shockwaves not triggering an additional time for each remote client.
Other fixes include the music tracks being closer to their OST versions; updated localization strings; and floating nodes in Sundered Grove being taken care of. The real question now is whether this is the update that adds all of the content cut during development or just a small part of it. There will be another feedback pass at the very least so expect more fixes.
For the future, Hopoo Games is looking to release paid expansions while adding some kind of modding support. We’ll have to wait for more details on the same. In the meantime, Risk of Rain 2 is available for Xbox One, PS4, PC and Nintendo Switch with update 1.0 recently coming to consoles. Check out our official review here.
- Fixed Eclipse 3 modifiers applying to enemies
- Fixed the final boss’ shockwaves being fired an extra time for each remote client in the game
- Fixed some floating nodes in Sundered Grove
- Restored the cursor for gamepad users while in the info/scoreboard menu
- Updated all music tracks to be more similar to the OST version
- Updated a lot of localization strings
- Fixed throwing Forgive Me Please off a cliff causing it to not release its deployable slot until the next stage
- Fixed monsters revived via Dio’s Best Friend potentially respawning into out-of-bounds kill zones that make them miss the trigger, never die again, and potentially cause a softlock in this way if they are a boss
- Added temporary safety mechanism that forces client bodies to reinitialize into valid states if they are still in an invalid state one second after spawning
- Fixed ragdolling causing the hurtboxes of dead characters to become re-enabled (yes, the brass contraption ragdoll + melee bug is finally dead!)