Volition’s massive November update for Saints Row, titled “Bright Future,” is now available on all platforms (except Google Stadia, due to its impending demise). The update offers over 200 bug fixes and improvements, along with features like a voice pitch slider and new garage locations.
Aiming in combat has received “several improvements,” while the damage from enemy shotguns and SMGs has been reduced. Weapon Ultimate Challenges are simplified, while Weapon Ultimates unlock immediately after completion. Notoriety scaling has also been tweaked, making it easier to react and escape.
The seven new garage locations unlock after beginning “Chop Shop,” and it’s now possible to favorite, Like, and view recent vehicles. More than 50 vehicle customization save slots are also available. New progression tiers are also live for districts with Saints roaming the area as you complete Criminal Ventures. The number of Bright Future Disposals needed to complete the venture is also significantly reduced, thankfully.
Check out some of the patch notes below and the full notes here. Saints Row will receive more quality-of-life updates, new gameplay “experiences,” and areas in the city to explore in the coming months. Stay tuned in the meantime.
Bright Future Update
Combat should now feel more balanced and engaging, and winning fights should feel more rewarding:
- We have made several improvements to aiming
- We’ve rebalanced combat by drastically reducing the damage of enemy shotguns and SMGs across the board. This should make several key encounters fairer and more fun
- We’ve rebalanced most of the Weapon Ultimate Challenges, simplifying them to make progression feel more rewarding
- Weapon Ultimates now unlock automatically when the challenge is complete so you can get to causing havoc with them right away
- We’ve tweaked the time given to interrupt enemy call-ins for support
- We’ve tweaked the scaling of notoriety to allow players to react to and escape the notoriety loop easier
- We’ve reduced the frequency of stylized deaths on easiest difficulty.
Garage and Vehicle Improvements
Managing and using your fleet of incredible vehicles should now feel far slicker:
- There are seven new Garage locations throughout the world that unlock at the start of “Chop Shop”, so you now have way more options for dropping off and obtaining stored vehicles
- We’ve improved Garage Vehicle list management. You can now favorite, like, and view recent vehicles in the Garage
- We freed up over 50 vehicle customization save slots
- We introduced “vehicle templates” as rewards instead of saving the vehicle to the player’s garage automatically, allowing players to retain more custom vehicle save slots
- We expanded the Vehicle Delivery options with a full garage list, including favorites, liked, and recent vehicles
- We added new drop off location visual telegraphs to the HQ and new Chop Shop locations for driven and flown vehicles.
Open World Gameplay and Criminal Ventures Improvements
- We’ve made the first in a series of future changes to make the city and activities within the open world of Santo Ileso more immersive and rewarding:
- We’ve introduced new progression tiers to district completion. Players will now see Saints roaming the streets when they have completed the criminal venture and district threats. At 100% completion, even more Saints will spawn
- We’ve significantly reduced the number of Bright Future Disposals required to completed the venture
- “Chop Shop” vehicle delivery is now accepted at all new locations
- We’ve improved the discovery radius on some collectibles, making them easier to find while exploring the city
UX and other Improvements
- A new voice Pitch Slider during customization will permit players to use a huge new range of voices
- Players now have the ability to equip weapons at HQ without having to walk outside the HQ
- We’ve improved subtitle timings to better match what’s happening on screen
- We’ve implemented support for PlayStation 5’s haptic triggers for weapons
- We’ve improved Color Swatch options to include a truer “black” and wider selection of grays.