Atlus has announced the first major update for Soul Hackers 2, which was released on August 26th worldwide for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, and PC. It’s out in early November and adds four new Demons and new functions like Dash. The latter increases Ringo’s movement speed in both dungeons and field areas.
Due to the new Dash function, the “Assassin’s Stride” Summoner Skill will now make the player “undetectable to enemies” for a fixed distance. Another new feature is High-Speed Battle Mode which increases the overall speed of battles. One can switch between Normal and High-Speed mode on the fly.
In terms of fixes, the frequency of enemies appearing in dungeons has been “adjusted.” Furthermore, fast-traveling to a shop from the City Map will now transport you inside. Load times should also be quicker due to adjusting the “Termination Processing” of loading screen tips. Check out the full notes below (translation via Gematsu) for more details. You can also read our review for the game here.
- Dash Function – Added a “Dash” function to Ringo’s movement in dungeons and fields. You can switch between “Normal” and “Dash” as you like. (With the addition of the Dash function, the effect of the Summoner Skill “Assassin’s Stride” has been changed to, “Become undetectable to enemies for a fixed distance.”
- High-Speed Battle Mode – Added a “High-Speed” mode to battle. You can switch between “Normal” and “High-Speed” as you like.
- Adjusted “Termination Processing of Loading Screen Tips” to speed up load times.
- Revised “Choice Controls During Soul Level Increase” to reduce mistakes caused by button mashing.
- When selecting a shop from the City Map, you will now fast-travel directly to the inside of the shop.
- Adjusted “frequency of enemy appearances” in dungeons.
- Adjusted ease of inheriting skills during Demon Fusion.
- Other minor adjustments.
Four New Demons
- Neko Shogun
- Pixie (Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers Ver.)