Famitsu has released its latest data for physical software and hardware sales in Japan, and unsurprisingly, Splatoon 3 has topped the charts for the fifth week in a row since its launch. The game accounted for nearly 70% of all physical game sales in Japan in September with over 2.7 million units sold at retail, and clearly, it’s carried its momentum forward into October as well.
In second place we have a new release with NieR: Automata – The End of YoRHa Edition, which finally brings Square Enix’s acclaimed hack-and-slash RPG to the Nintendo Switch. It sold over 30,000 units on its debut. Meanwhile, the likes of Dragon Quest 10 Offline, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Minecraft, and FIFA 23 still continue to figure in the top 10.
On the hardware side of things, the Nintendo Switch is one again the best-selling console, having sold over 62,000 units over the course of last week. Meanwhile, the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S have both seen a significant fall in sales after several weeks of decent sales, having moved over 5,000 units and under a thousand units respectively.
You can check out the full software and hardware sales charts for the week ending October 9 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
- [NSW] Splatoon 3 (Nintendo, 09/09/22) – 120,564 (3,021,047)
- [NSW] NieR: Automata The End of YoRHa Edition – 30,218 (New)
- [NSW] Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Offline – 21,908 (188,782)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 10,522 (4,865,680)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 6,857 (2,814,902)
- [NSW] Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival – 6,677 (46,673)
- [PS4] Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Offline – 5,483 (67,144)
- [PS5] FIFA 23 – 5,364 (27,085)
- [NSW] Hakuouki Shinkai: Ten’un no Shou – 5,101 (New)
- [NSW] FIFA 23 Legacy Edition – 4,788 (16,571)
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales):
- Nintendo Switch – 62,100 (70,565)
- PS5 – 5,545 (18,076)
- Xbox Series X/S – 797 (13,064)