Bandai Namco and Square Enix’s upcoming action RPGs, Tales of Arise and Final Fantasy 16 respectively, have ben topping the Famitsu charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games (as decided by reader votes) for a number of weeks running, and the status quo is maintained this week as well, with Tales of Arise retaining the top spot and Final Fantasy 16 following in second place.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s sequel, which came in at No. 5 last week, has jumped up to the third spot, even though it fewer votes this week. This means fellow upcoming Switch exclusives Bayonetta 3 and Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl have been pushed down to No. 4 and No. 6 respectively. Meanwhile, Shin Megami Tensei 5 is sandwiched between the two at No. 5.
The rest of the top 10 is split evenly between Switch and PS5 games, with Splatoon 3 and Ushiro at No. 7 and No. 8 respectively, and Gran Turismo 7 and Pragmata rounding out the top 10.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between July 8 and July 13.
1. [PS4] Tales of Arise – 525 votes
2. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 491 votes
3. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 484 votes
4. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 408 votes
5. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei 5 – 406 votes
6. [NSW] Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl – 339 votes
7. [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 267 votes
8. [NSW] Ushiro – 228 votes
9. [PS5] Gran Turismo 7 – 199 votes
10. [PS5] Pragmata – 196 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]