The Ascent will be coming to PlayStation platforms next month but before that, PC players can enjoy some new content and features. A new update has added New Game Plus and there’s a new paid DLC, the Cyber Warrior Pack, which adds new weapons and cosmetics for $5. Check out the latter in the trailer below.
The Cyber Warrior Pack offers a spiffy new Samurai armor set with seven different pieces. Two new weapons have also been added – the Interuptor and the Brosnan – with the latter receiving three new weapon skins. A new tactical item, the PLM22 Surge, is also included.
As for New Game Plus, it’s available upon completing the main campaign. Simply go to Single Player and select New Game+ from the main menu to proceed. This allows for carrying over all of your weapons, gear and skills to fight against tougher enemies. The level cap also increases to 30 and weapons can be upgraded past Mk.10.
Check out the patch notes below for more details. The Ascent is currently available for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PC. It launches on March 24th for PS4 and PS5.
PATCH #8 NOTES
- New Game Plus (NG+) has been added to the game.
- We have added a ‘saving’ icon that displays on the right side of the screen at various times
- Fixes made to stability in Single Player, including a number of low frequency crashes, additionally we have resolved a number of issues that will improve stability in Coop.
- Fixed an issue where enemies that might spawn anchored incorrectly, making them really hard to kill, has been fixed.
- Resolved a bug where a Ranged Larkian does not reload their weapon and remains in idle animation after emptying the minigun’s magazine.
- Fixed a Local Coop issue where you could copy and overwrite profiles after specific steps were taken whilst disconnecting controllers.
- We fixed an issue where Clients could not rejoin a Host after a disconnection from the internet.
- Fixed an issue where a Player could start a Single Player game whilst accepting an invite for a Coop session.
- Fixed an issue where a Player could sometimes crawl faster during DNMO status.
- There was an issue where VSync wasn’t being reset to defaults which is now resolved.
- Fixed an issue where the camera could get stuck in a fixed position upon Player 2 interaction with a Vendor while Player 1 is already interacting with the same Vendor
- Fixed an issue in Photo Mode where the game wasn’t being paused if the ‘pause’ function was mapped to F10.
- Fixed an issue where a Client could experience a hang if the Host disconnected the game immediately upon loading into the game.
- We fixed several issues where the Player could instigate a soft-lock by interacting with multiple ‘interacts’ at the same time.
- Resolved an issue where ‘Sell all Duplicates’ option could sell all duplicates, regardless of the chosen category.
- Fixed some minor collision issues.