The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Sold Over 247,000 Physical Units in Japan in its Second Week
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has sucked up all the oxygen in the room, which has unsurprisingly reflected in its sales as well. It sold over 10 million units worldwide in its first three days, and also enjoyed similar region in specific regions, topping the weekly Japanese physical charts last week with over 1.1 million units sold. Famitsu has now released the latest weekly charts, and the open world title is still comfortably on top, with over 247,000 physical units sold in its second week.
Interestingly, every single game in the top 10 is a Nintendo Switch title, which isn’t exactly an uncommon occurrence in Japan. The excitement surrounding Tears of the Kingdom has, in fact, continued to trickle down to its predecessor Breath of the Wild as well, which sits in third place with over 7,000 units sold. Meanwhile, the likes of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, Minecraft, and more also figure into the top 10.
On the hardware front, the Nintendo Switch is still the best-selling console of the week, having moved over 86,000 units. The PS5 follows behind by quite some margin, having sold over 37,000 units over the course of the week.
You can check out the full hardware and physical software charts for the week ending May 21 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
- [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – 247,689 (1,367,191)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 8,264 (5,301,742)
- [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 7,520 (2,189,691)
- [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet and Violet – 5,573 (5,034,295)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 5,507 (3,141,460)
- [NSW] Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe – 5,360 (432,149)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 4,709 (5,195,387)
- [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 4,658 (4,019,351)
- [NSW] Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection – 4,515 (1,081,447)
- [NSW] Nintendo Switch Sports – 3,422 (1,081,447)
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales):
- Nintendo Switch – 86,645 (83,052)
- PS5 – 37,155 (41,444)
- Xbox Series X/S – 262 (275)
Comments are closed.